Veils, vows, in-laws, the whole enchilada… Is getting hitched really worth all that trouble? Isn’t it a whole lot easier to just move in with your partner and live happily ever after? So why bother with tradition?
While matrimony may not be for everyone, these 100 reasons to get married just might change your mind.
1) Perhaps one of the best reasons to get married would be to spend every waking moment of your life with the person you love. Now, if that’s not enough reason to tie the knot then I don’t know what is! ❤
2) Marriage allows you to show your love to each other in such a way that nothing else can.
3) One reason to get married is because you love your girlfriend/boyfriend so much that you want him/her to become your family.
4) Sealing the deal means you’ll have someone with you for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health… Well, you get the point. Getting married means you’ll never have to be afraid of having to face the world alone.
5) When you marry, you are committing yourself to one person for the rest of your life. This shows how much you love and respect your significant other.
6) Asking your loved one to marry you/agreeing to marry your loved one means providing him/her with emotional security.
7) One of the advantages of getting married is that someone will always care and ask about how your day went.
8) Marriage offers you stability in life.
9) Being married means having a permanent cuddle partner.
10) Your bed will always be warm.
11) You’ll also always have someone to talk to and share your crazy ideas with.
12) And when you’re away from home, you can be sure that someone will miss you (and your crazy ideas too). 🙂
13) White gown and walking down the aisle… That’s something that most women have been dreaming of ever since they were little girls. Surely, turning a dream into reality is more than enough reason to get married right?
14) Tick-tock goes the biological clock. 🙂 Think about it, you’ll never be as young or as healthy or as vigorous as you are now. So if you’re contemplating on starting a family, then you should consider taking your vows sooner rather than later. This way, you’ll still have the time and energy to earn the money needed to support your family’s needs.
15) Wedding cakes. Cake is always a legit reason for anything. 😉
16) One of the many advantages of getting married is that you’ll have a new family! You’ll have that sister/brother that you’ve always wanted yet never had. You can go shopping with your sis-in-law or watch football with your bro-in-law. Also, you can benefit greatly from your in-laws’ wisdom, guidance, and support.
17) Some might agree that one of the greatest reasons to get married would be to get past the whole dating thing. Yep, being married means your weekend date nights are fully booked. Like, forever. 😉
18) And this means you no longer need to hang out in clubs (or chat rooms).
19) One of the most awesome whys in our 100 reasons to get married list is that you get to say “I’m taken.” 🙂
20) You also get to say “He/She is mine.” ❤
21) And the best thing is you wouldn’t have to worry too much about how you look. You know that your spouse will still love you like no other. Stubbles and all… lol
22) And yes, you wouldn’t have to worry about your partner walking out on you when he/she sees what you really look like in the morning. haha
23) Another reason to get married is that you’ll always have someone to build you up and cheer you on. Successful married couples support each others’ dreams and ambitions.
24) And they pick each other up when one of them falls.
25) You can be confident that someone will always have your back. So come on, haters, bring it…
26) You’ll have someone to grow old with.You can take care of each other and make each other feel young again.
27) And even when you’re old and gray, your spouse is that one person in the world who will remind you of that time when you were hottest of the hottest! 😉
28) If you’re planning on raising kids, one of the advantages of getting married is that it’s the most ideal way to start a family. According to studies, people who were raised by married folks turn out to be more successful when it comes to building intimate relationships with others.
29) Making love is much more meaningful and pleasurable when you’re married. Why? Well, come to think of it, your hubby/wifey is that one person in this whole wide universe who knows you inside out. He/she knows your wants and your weaknesses like no other. Thus, intimate moments with your spouse is more fulfilling than say, sharing it with a stranger.
30) One super practical reason to get married would be to increase your financial power. Yep, come to think of it: your income + your spouse’s income.
31) Plus, you’ll have someone to split the bills with.
32) And your combined earnings can be used to fund mutual goals like travels around the world, a bigger house, starting up a business, etc.
33) While we’re still talking about the financial advantages of getting married, have you ever considered that matrimony makes you eligible for better benefits like tax breaks and cheaper health insurance?
34) You can file for Social Security spousal benefits. Now, that’s something you won’t be entitled to when you’re not legally married.
35) You’ll be eligible for survivor’s benefits from pension plans.
36) When you’re legally married, you’ll get to inherit even when your spouse passes without writing a will. Ahh but let’s not focus on that…
37) Perhaps, moneywise, the most appropriate reason to get married would be because it will provide you with a sense of financial accountability. You may have been prone to making risky financial decisions back when you were single but now, you need to discuss your decisions with someone.
38) Which brings us to our next benefit of getting hitched: Two heads are better than one. Problem solving is a whole lot easier when you have someone to do it with…
39) And someone to suffer the consequences with… lol
40) And someone to laugh over your mistakes with. 🙂 🙂
41) And someone to try again with.
42) Which brings us to this other reason to get married: Four hands are better than two. Your special skills + your spouse’s special skills = an invincible duo.
43) One of the more serious whys in our 100 reasons to get married list is that marriage makes your relationship more solid and certainly less volatile. You’re less likely to break up after a fight.
44) If breaking free from all the drama associated with casual dating gone bad and breakups and failed relationships isn’t enough reason to get married then what is?
45) Furthermore, studies show that couples who have had a public ceremony are more likely to stay together. That’s because signing a contract and having friends and family around them as witnesses reminds them of how permanent and sacred the binding act of marriage is.
46) Among the best advantages of getting married is that you’ll have someone to build better lifestyle habits with. Staying fit and maintaining a healthy diet is so much easier when someone is doing it with you.
47) You’ll have someone to plan your future/retirement with.
48) Being married means always having a travel buddy.
49) More importantly, no matter where you go, you’ll never get lost as long as you’re together. ❤
50) One smart reason to get married is that you’ll get to share responsibilities around the house, from taking out the trash to picking up groceries to doing the laundry.
51) Being married means when you get sick, you’ll have someone to nurse you back to health.
52) You’re probably thinking: Hey, my boyfriend/girlfriend can take care of me even without marriage. Sure, but have you ever thought about how, in case of accidents, only immediate family is allowed to enter the ICU?
53) Now it’s time to face the bad and the ugly. What happens when your partner is incapacitated but you’re not married? Chances are your decisions will be overlooked in favor of a blood relative. Basically, being married means having legal rights to make decisions concerning your significant other’s health.
54) Here’s another one of the top 100 reasons to get married: You can actually live in a house instead of an apartment and not worry about the fact that you’re wasting all that space.
55) You’ll have someone sleeping beside you to wake you up when you’re having a nightmare.
56) Because any excuse to get dressed up and look pretty is a legitimate reason. 😉
57) Another one of the advantages of getting married is that you have more reason to cook decent meals. No more relying on Chinese takeout or pizza delivery or microwave dinners.
58) Marriage can give you that motivation that you need whether it’s to be healthier or to earn bigger. Everything that you do will affect your spouse so this means you become more responsible with your actions.
59) Having a permanent life partner means having someone who will nag you to death because they care about you so much. Your spouse is that one person in the world who’ll force you to stick with your new year’s resolution to lose weight,etc.
60) Hmm now we’re more than halfway through our 100 reasons to get married list! Keep in mind that getting married shows that you respect values. And values = a more meaningful relationship.
61) Furthermore, you get to form and honor new values with your spouse.
62) Being married means having a sense of pride each time your spouse achieves something. Because in a way, you’re a part of him/her.
63) Married couples are more relaxed compared to those who aren’t. They can chill and just concentrate on the relationship instead of having to worry about how long they’re going to be together.
64) Another wise reason to get married is that it ensures that your kids will get support even when you do end up separating.
65) Anniversaries! ❤
66) And anniversary presents!!! 🙂
67) Married couples live longer, happier lives. That’s a fact. Studies reveal that unlike singles, they are less prone to accidental deaths and heart diseases. Besides, I mean, gawd, do you honestly want to live alone in a house knowing that when you pop off, no one would even know?
68) Usually, employers can provide you with leave benefits in case your spouse is suffering from an illness. Conversely, your boss is unlikely to grant you leave when your BF/GF is ill.
69) Did you know that there are also psychological advantages of getting married? Studies reveal that married couples are less prone to developing depression. This is due to the increased release of serotonin and testosterone (which are potent mood boosters, btw) that married couples commonly experience.
70) Pictures. Do it for the pictures. 😉
71) Another reason to get married is that you’ll have a life-long confidante.
72) Get married ‘coz being married is a great excuse to say no to social invitations. As in: “Omg I’m so sorry I can’t go to your crapfest of a party because my hubby’s sick.” lol
73) Love your folks? One of the surest ways of making them happy is tying the knot and having a traditional ceremony. Ummmm unless your folks will be paying for the wedding then, IDK… 🙂
74) Furthermore, having a wedding ceremony is one of the ways in which you can reconnect with your roots and honor your culture/traditions.
75) Plus, you get to create new traditions with your spouse which is a super fun benefit of tying the knot.
76) One reason to get married which everyone realizes but rarely talks about is that having your own family enables you to establish boundaries when it comes to relatives.
77) One of the major reasons to get married is in order for your relationship to gain social and religious acceptance. Still think it’s too old fashioned? Remember that there’s a reason why matrimony has existed and survived for ages in functioning societies.
78) So you can get rid of that aunt who keeps trying to set you up with everyone from her church.
79) Another reason to get married (albeit a very petty one) is that the next time your old schoolmate comes up to you and starts bragging incessantly about his/her perfect family, you can put up your finger (ring finger, lol) and be like: “Oh, I’m happily married too, b*tch!.” 😉 Point is you got to wipe that stupid smirk off his/her face. Ha!
80) Aaanyways, one of the deeper reasons to get married is that you will always have someone you can share your deepest, darkest secrets with. And you wouldn’t have to worry about being loved any less. Your spouse is that one person is this world who has seen your true colors and still loves you unconditionally. ❤
81) Your spouse always and forever will be your #1 fan. Even if you can’t sing, or dance, or cook, or write that well, as far as he/she’s concerned, you’re a freakin’ superstar!
82) For the ladies (and for some guys too) getting married means having a handyman, rodent-killer, spider-killer, jar-opener available 24/7.
83) Many married couples will agree that one of the sweetest advantages of getting married is having a partner in crime.
84) Next up in our 100 reasons to get married list: Telepathic powers! Being married means you’ll always have someone who’ll get what you’re thinking by merely gazing into your eyes.
85) Your spouse is that one person who knows you as much as yourself. This means that in darker times, you’ll always have someone to remind you of who you really are.
86) Your spouse may be your best friend but he/she will also be your worst critic. You can depend on the fact that there will always be someone to give you total honesty at times when you need it most.
87) Another really huge reason to get married is to make sure that you won’t end up losing the best thing that ever happened to you. ❤
88) You can fart and burp all you want and yet your spouse will never ever leave you. The costs of hiring a divorce lawyer just ain’t worth it. *evil laughs* Point is, you’ll have someone to love you even when you can be absolutely gross sometimes. 🙂
89) Married couples have a special sensual chemistry that non-married couples just don’t have. It’s deeper, more intimate, and somehow more potent and lasting.
90) Reunions! Weddings are always a good cause for reunions.
91) Whenever you’re down in the dumps, just look into your husband’s/wife’s eyes and you’ll see all the wonderful things that he/she saw in you. Come to think of it, these qualities were enough to make him/her want to spend the rest of his/her life with you.
92) The advantages of getting married aren’t all exclusively for you. Weddings have a positive effect on the economy. Seriously, there are a lot of people (ex. wedding planners, florists, and even the bellboy who takes you to your honeymoon suite) who’ll get to earn their living through your wedding. So you see, you gotta get married because it’s clearly the humane thing to do. 🙂 🙂 🙂
93) But seriously, a perfectly valid reason to get married is in order to be whole. You’ve found your soulmate, that other half of your soul… So why not make it official?
94) Being married will allow you to gain a different, broader perspective in life as opposed to remaining single forever.
95) Among the most fun whys in our 100 reasons to get married list is this: Get married because it opens you up to new adventures. When you get hitched, you’re basically entering a new life. Kind of like a second life. You’re venturing into the unknown but it’s okay because you’re with that one person you love and trust the most.
96) You get to wear matching rings and matching everything without being corny. ❤ ❤
97) When you get married, you’ll come to learn, appreciate, and master the art of compromise.
98) Believe it or not, marriage makes you a whole lot more attractive to the opposite sex. That’s coz it means you’re so awesome that someone wanted to keep you for themselves forever. Not that you wanna have anything to do with that attention… But it’s good to be noticed from time to time, right? 😉 Anyway, it’s a great confidence booster.
99) It may not seem fair but our society is structured in such a way that married folks get more perks compared to singles. (ex. housing benefits in families-only neighborhoods, better consumer benefits, etc.)
100) And our last entry in our 100 reasons to get married list: Don’t just content yourself with reading/watching Nicholas Sparks novels/movies! Get married. This way, you’ll get to write your own love story. ❤
So, ready to put a ring on it?
This article was brought to you by MORAVILLE THE GARDEN
Palestina Pili, Cam Sur, Philippines
Where dream weddings turn into reality…